Saturday, May 3, 2014

Book Review: The Edge of Never (Edge of Never #1) by J.A. Redmerski


Hi bookworms! We're back for another book review. We really do hope that you loved our first book review. Like my friend Kat, I'm kinda new to the New Adult Genre. So far, I am friggin lovin the books that I have read. This time, I'll be doing a book review of J.A. Redmerski's novel, The Edge of Never.




Synopsis from Goodreads:
Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett had always been one to think out-of-the-box, who knew she wanted something more in life than following the same repetitive patterns and growing old with the same repetitive life story. And she thought that her life was going in the right direction until everything fell apart.

Determined not to dwell on the negative and push forward, Camryn is set to move in with her best friend and plans to start a new job. But after an unexpected night at the hottest club in downtown North Carolina, she makes the ultimate decision to leave the only life she’s ever known, far behind.

With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbors his own dark secrets. But Camryn swore never to let down her walls again. And she vowed never to fall in love.

But with Andrew, Camryn finds herself doing a lot of things she never thought she’d do. He shows her what it’s really like to live out-of-the-box and to give in to her deepest, darkest desires. On their sporadic road-trip he becomes the center of her exciting and daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But will Andrew’s dark secret push them inseparably together, or tear them completely apart?

 My thoughts about this book:

First off, let me just say that I am so so so in love with this book. I can't even contain my feelings for this wonderful story.

It starts off with Camryn Benett's problematic life. Her life is messed up. Her heart is broken. She's sick of her "routinary" life. Determined to find meaning in her life, she takes a bus off to nowhere in particular. That's when her life changes.

Meanwhile, Andrew Parrish is on a trip to a destination he never wants to arrive at. He takes a bus set off to take him to loneliness. That's when he sees the alluring girl, Camryn. Attraction wells up between them. They both go on a journey that made them be together and fall for one another..but the thing is Andrew has a secret and that can break both of their hearts into pieces.

I was so addicted with this book that I finished it in a short amount of time. It's UNPUTDOWNABLE. It's the kind of story that makes you want to fall in love over and over again even if sometimes love sucks.


THINGS I LOVE ABOUT THIS BOOK:
Lovable main characters.
This is one of few books that I have read which has totally lovable main characters. They have their own flaws but I loved them for that. Their flaws are what made this story so riveting. As you read on, you will feel so attached with them. You will feel their ache and their happiness.

Super hot love scenes.
One of the things that I love about this book is the super hot love scenes. Ms. J.A. Redmerski definitely knows how to make her readers feel so much raw emotion. Camryn's and Andrew's love scenes are definitely intense..so intense that you'll feel hot too.

Big plot twists.
I fell in love with this book not only because of the main characters and love scenes but also because of the plot twists. I didn't really see them coming. These plot twists made me cry like a baby. I was sure I was sobbing towards the end of the book because it was so beautifully written. It made my heart ache. It made me crave love like Camryn's and Andrew's.

THINGS THAT COULD BE IMPROVED:
How about I say that I think there are no things that should or could be improved in this story. It's perfection in my opinion. I hope I am not exaggerating but I just totally love The Edge of Never. It's a story that leaves a mark on your heart.


OVERALL RATING:
I rate this book 5 stars. (Am I allowed to go over 5? I want to give it like an 11 maybe?Lol.)




Why 5 stars? Well, as I was saying this book is P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N for me. It's captivating and beautiful. It's one of my favorite books ever. I swear everyone should read this. Go. Go. It's packed with drama, romance, sadness, hotness, and many more. I think you would go crazy reading this book because you would feel lots of emotions. I would definitely recommend this book to New Adult and Romance Lovers. Oh and if you fell in love with The Fault in Our Stars, here is a more mature (adult) version for you.


If you reached this part, I'd like to say thank you so much for reading this review. It means a LOT. That's it for now. Stay Awesome!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment